View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=TheWildHeart67;1222363]
Quote:
Why on Earth does a band need more than two years off?????
The Beatles would have written, recorded and toured 4 albums in that time....and made a film./QUOTE]
The Beatles broke up after just 10 years.
This was a decent article, but some facts were skewed, such as "Tusk" being a #1 single. It was a top 10 single, but didn't crack the top 5, let alone #1.
Regardless, I think they should simply disband. How can they do a "farewell tour" without Buckingham? I am not going to buy a ticket.
I'll wait until the next solo Stevie Nicks tour.
I know everyone is assuming it's Stevie and Mick's fault. But we really don't know for sure what happened. Oh, to be a fly on the wall!
This is, as I said in another thread, the end of an era without a finale.
It sux.
there were stories flying around for the last 2 months. everything that came out, whether leaking or in yesterday's statements, confirmed pieces of what we've been hearing.

they were negotiating the tour and how to do it, specifics, what we've been hearing goes. our 2 known explosive exes kept pushing each others' buttons. Lindsey was gonna tour solo in between Fleetwood Mac dates, the way Pretenders had some dates in between their shows with Stevie. they had entangled negotiations how, when, why, who like maybe how to advertise two tours. Lindsey was counting on Mac tour to help sort out his solo tour logistics. eventually after push and pull it ended up Mick and Stevie vs Lindsey. she told Mick - it's him or me. Mick washed his hands of any guilt and went to promoters to ask whether they'll make more money of Lindsey-less or Stevie'-less tour. case closed of course! there was no option of the whole 5 tour on the table. they should have worked it out. instead they threw Lindsey out and went with the money.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"