View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Except when she was making almost triple what the band's founders were making. Isn't that reverse discrimination on her part?

I guess it's okay in that direction, since she's showing "a man" who's boss?
it's only discrimination if someone is prevented from even participating in the money pool to start with-- as a lot of the women in hollywood have been.

Once you're allowed in the pool to negotiate what you are worth based on what you bring to the table in terms of ticket/album sales, then it is market-driven, not genitalia-driven.

If Mick wants more money, he needs a better manager who will fight for it against all the other managers fighting to divvy up the pie. Discrimination would be if they said "sorry Mick, you're a man so you can only make X amount no matter what." As it stands, the market has spoken and she drives more sales than he does. Capitalism, baby. (ETA: otherwise, Lindsey should also feel bad for making more than Mick, and I doubt he does, or that anyone would expect him to.)

You might think he should get more coz his name is on the band, and he and his manager should fight for money on that basis. But money talks, and the number of tickets Stevie can sell far outstrips what he can sell. Capitalism.

I don't think Stevie feels the need to rub Mick's nose in her success anyway; Lindsey, on the other hand.... yeah, I think she loves that she outsells him.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 01-29-2018 at 07:31 PM..