View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Seriously? Who in their right mind would see a band playing at a Theme Park and expect it to be everybody who made the band one of the largest in the world? That's just foolish.
I ultimately agree with your point. Let's face it, there aren't too many bands as famous as Fleetwood Mac, where most of the people who make up the classic line-up are famous in their own right. BUT, I do think people expect to see at least one of the singers that made a band famous. REO Speedwagon does it. The Bangles have everybody but Michael Steele and do it.

Quote:
So, why would anyone think that seeing "Fleetwood Mac" at a Theme Park of any corporate ownership would be any more than Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, the band's namesakes, and people of varying degrees of fame elsewhere fronting the band?
Most people probably at least expected Christine or Lindsey to be there. If they weren't paying attention to what was going on in music, they likely missed Lindsey quit, far less knew that Billy had been with them for eight years (which is telling).

As I've said many times before, the fact that there was no album out made the lack of originals easier to deal with, but that package tour was just a bad idea all around. Opening for CSN was okay, especially given the connection between Dave (and even Bonnie Bramlett) and CSN. The ideal would have been to do a club tour and play mostly new songs from BTM and "Time," with a sprinkling of Mason and Mac classics.

THE Stephen Hopkins