View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I think you summed it up perfectly, Matt. Imagine us agreeing for once LOL! I definitely concur... it has nothing to do with this ONE comment. I think this once comment is the proverbial straw on the camel's lumbar . I think what really irks everyone around here is Stevie's increasing negativity, deflection of blame, and deteriorating stage performances this past decade. If recording with Lindsey is awful, if touring is taxing, if your boots are killing you, if fans are "stealing" your music, if "nobody" is buying your albums, and you're so miserable, why are you still in it? Obviously not for the love of the craft. Hell, I bet Street Angel sold MORE than all of my favorite artist Joseph Arthur's albums COMBINED. But he's still putting out albums left and right, releasing a half dozen EPs a year, touring non-stop, etc. Obviously Stevie is in it just to be a mega rock star, and now that that is waning, she can't handle it.
Again, I have to point to Robert Pollard, who has like 70 albums (since 1987) to his credit. No, he hasn't sold a million records nor tours that much anymore, he also doesn't spend a lot of time whining to the press how rough it is. BTW, when you're touring in vans, it IS rough. But, he grew up one of five in a small house in a blue collar neighborhood, went to college, had a family and a house payment, and worked fourteen years as a school teacher before realizing the dream and understands what it means to bust ass. His genius is his ability to write songs and make collages, his output is merely a matter of discipline and love of the craft.

THE Stephen Hopkins