View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Talk about bitter. Who is the one here who continue to go on and on about a version of this band who had little to no commercial or financial success and longs for the days of Peter Green. Talk about washed up.
Wow. Peter Green is a seriously mentally ill man who was taken out of the game far too early by his demons. He is still considered one of the most highly influential blues-rock guitarists of all time. Anytime he straps on a guitar and plays to a crowd, it is a triumph of the human spirit. It is awe-inspiring. Anybody who cannot see that, and has to belittle it to make some cheap point on an internet board, is grotesquely immature, and is hardly worth debating.

Quote:
I really do my best to no longer post negative things on here about any other band member but everyone seems to just rail on Stevie all the time.
Well, maybe if she would shut the hell up instead of comparing Fleetwood Mac to the Army, then she wouldn't be the target. But those comparisons, especially when there's a war going on, makes her seem especially shallow and completely clueless. Yeah, tell the guys at Walter Reed who got limbs blown off in combat just how much flying in private/chartered jets and sleeping in four-star hotels is in any way similar to their situation. If she had said that, given they're in their 60's now, the current schedule was especially rough and stressful for them, then I doubt most would have objected. If she had said that being in Fleetwood Mac was a total committment, not just something you could just show up to and be pretty, then I doubt most would have objected, either. Her choice of words is why she is criticized.

Quote:
Get over it...she has been the focus of Fleetwood Mac whether you like it or not for the last 30 years.
I can't speak for Chili, but for me, that has nothing to do with it. The biggest reason I stopped going to see them had everything to do with the lack of perspective that Stevie and Lindsey have. When Lindsey said "I realized a dream I had wasn't going to come true, and I had to allow myself to mourn the loss of that dream" when I was working at homeless shelter, watching guys fight over mustard sandwiches, all while trying to sound profound, was especially insulting. Keep your damn therapy to yourself. I'm here for ROCK-N-ROLL!

That's ultimately why I went head-first into indie rock. I had dabbled a bit in it, but when Lindsey gave that speech, it was all over for me. I think a few are beginning to now feel this way as well with some of Stevie's comments. They need to get a perspective on the world they live in.

THE Stephen Hopkins