View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

since the album is coming out tomorrow, there seems to be a lot of press around it, one of that being interview in LA Times (i cannot access the whole interview but if someone can please do share the whole Lindsey part.

https://thekillersnews.com/post/6269...-a-concise-yet

The ‘Los Angeles Times’ Provides a Concise Yet Detailed Look at ‘Imploding The Mirage’
2 notesAugust 19th, 2020 at 9:18 pm
The ‘Los Angeles Times’ recently spoke with Brandon Flowers, Ronnie Vannucci, Lindsey Buckingham, and Shawn Everett about the recording process for ‘Imploding The Mirage’.

This is a great, quick read with quotes from a number of the people who were involved in the process. You can read the entire article here.

Buckingham says:

“My kids love them, and my wife loves them,” said the former Fleetwood Mac singer-guitarist, who contributes a searing, “Big Love”-style solo to the LP’s thrumming lead single, “Caution.” “They’ve created something that’s fresh, that speaks to the young — or the young-ish,” he added. “But there’s such a strong center to what they’re doing. Their material is so well crafted that it cuts across a lot of generational lines.”

Everett says:

Everett said that because the Killers’ identity is anchored in a feeling more than in a specific sound — he likened it to “the surge of freedom you get at the end of a long journey” — they could tinker liberally with textures and arrangements, as in the funky “Fire In Bone.”

The musicians tracked much of the album at a pair of storied L.A. studios, Vox and Sound City; Flowers took particular pleasure in cutting “Blowback,” which he called “maybe the most Heartbreakers of all our songs,” in the latter room, a regular spot for Petty over the course of his long career. Buckingham got involved after Flowers and Vannucci decided that, minus Keunig, “Caution” needed some “magical guitar juice,” as Vannucci put it.

the killers
imploding the mirage
la times
los ángeles times
brandon flowers
mark stoermer
ronnie vannucci
shawn everett
lindsey buckingham

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"