View Single Post
Old 04-21-2002, 12:39 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by joe
"Hey did anyone notice, of you all have, but the only screaming versions of Rhiannon from the TUSK tour is on the Live album in London (unless there were other performances we don't know about). I have an audio tape of the other London show and she didn't do the screaming version"

i'm an idiot and don't know how to 'correctly' paste a portion of someone's post but regarding the above from ( i forget who?)...that album (FM live -1980) is actually a culmination of live tracks recorded from 1976-1980...that version of Rhiannon is NOT from the tusk tour...it's from the early Rumours tour....it took me years to figure this out but it is true...i've become pretty good at detecting the eras of live songs from FM...i won't get into it (let me know if you want specs!)...if anyone has the St.Louis 1979 soundboard and listens to "Sara" - and then notice how that song on the album (FM live 1980) is credited as "St.Louis"...the vocals are totally different but the backround music is the same...they deleted her original vocal and she rerecorded it in a studio for various reasons...a few other of the songs on "Fm live" were recorded on the Rumours tour like 'dreams', 'Say you love me', and 'Over my head'...

Now that i've gone off on a tangent...yeah, Rhiannon has suffered since the days. Those versions ('75-'77) were completely possesed performances (and they're my favorite of all time from ANYONE)...she can't do it that way anymore...i think she wants to a little but it doesn't sound good...she tried on the Dance and Enchanted and i don't think it sounded strong...Not to say she can't find some other interesting energetic way to end it but maybe she doesn't want to...maybe she feels like it's been done and the song (like her) has matured and 'gone beyond that song'....anyway, i still like seeing her perform it in concert...she didn't do it on TOSOTM when i saw her and in a radio interview at the time claimed she 'didn't want to burn her (Rhiannon) out so i stagger it from one tour to the next...' i'm glad she's left it in these days.

Are you sure? The songs sound like from the TUSK tour. I would think they would use songs from that tour.

hmmm maybe I'll have another listen with my other FM live shows from the Rumours and Tusk Tour.

-April