Thread: Boston tonight!
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I just think if you love someone (a person, a band, a performer, whatever) you have to love them warts and all. You can't wish their flaws away. I always find it interesting when fans can't admit any flaws or foibles in their idols.... it's like they're saying I can't love this band/person/music if they aren't absolutely perfect. No one is and you certainly can't expect performers who've been around as long as this band has been to be 100% every time. That's for the casual fans who only show up when the band has a hit. A lot of us are in it for the long haul and that means bumps in the road and cringe-worthy songs/shows/interviews from time to time.
This band is literally the soundtrack of my entire life. It pains me to see them get old, and their voices not as strong. Their hands not as agile.

Because I'm getting older, too. Yes I'm getting older, too.

So even if we're being honest about their frailties, I DID enjoy this BuckVie show as much as any FM show I've ever attended!!! It's a little bittersweet, wondering how much longer they've got left to do this, watching your LIFETIME HEROES winding down, but joyous nonetheless!