View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Maybe they pressured him. But what you've described isn't the band pressuring him, it's all the machinations at the label.
I wasn’t suggesting that he was getting pressure from the band to turn what was going to be GoS into what became SYW, just that it would be unreasonable to expect Lindsey make his songs fit the feel/vibe of Stevie’s new demos after he and the others worked for five to six years on his songs.

Quote:
Again, if he felt that strongly about keeping it a solo album, he should have.
The fact he brought on Mick, John, and Christine from the outset suggests he wanted durability as to how it could be released from the gitgo. Still, as a production, it had a sound, a feel, a vibe that was fairly etched in stone by the time Stevie got involved.

Quote:
Bringing in a producer he would hate to work with made him do a band album? You've lost me here.
Christine said Lindsey had to be coerced into making TITN and Mick initially brought on a producer he knew Lindsey wouldn’t like. Check out the first five minutes or so of this: https://youtu.be/pvKMvklt1k0

Quote:
Yes, that was part of what I said in my previous post. Lindsey tried telling people exactly what to play and it didn't go over well with Mick and John.
It wasn’t just Lindsey …

Quote:
the band DID change the vision for it, and everyone but Lindsey was on board with that, i.e. he wanted a double album and everyone else felt it should be a single album. Lindsey fought hard for his vision and they pushed back. That isn't just Stevie. Mick is in the documentary saying he agrees with his manager's opinion that the album shouldn't be Lindsey's vision. That's why Lindsey is seen saying he feels betrayed and like he doesn't have an ally in the band at that point
That’s different from what I am talking about. Regardless of single album or double album, Lindsey was always going to adapt her new songs to the sonic feel of the project he’d been working on for years.

Quote:
But which is it? They already had it worked out and she needed to come in and fit into it, or Lindsey was willing to start all over totally from scratch? These two comments seem contradictory.
I was talking about the album Lindsey wanted to make after SYW that never happened. I think he wanted to make an album like how they made Buckingham Nicks.

Quote:
I don't know about this last one. Seeing what he did with Chris's songs on the BuckVie record doesn't give me great confidence this would really be the case.
That’s really not a good measure, since Christine solicited Lindsey’s help and wanted him to produce her songs. She was also happy with it.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 02-09-2018 at 11:06 PM..