View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Exactly. Lindsey stuck it out through the tough times, through the drama, through the tantrums, because of the music. The music is more important than anything else - it's more important than ego, than suffering, than the satisfaction of vengeance. That's why he put aside his feelings to work on Stevie's music. That's why they kept on working together despite everything that was going on between them in the past. That's why he's willing to keep on working with them now.

All of you people condemning him for his feelings... really? This is a huge part of his life, both professionally and emotionally. Don't you think he loved being in front of those crowds and making music with his band of 40+ years? Of course he doesn't want to leave it. Of course he wants it back.

I would love to believe
I believe what you say
In the drama of the moment
For us there is no easy way
No one ever leaves
Everyone stays close 'til the fire fades
No one is condemning him and I think everyone is entitled to their opinion. He can do whatever he wants and I sure he couldn't care less what I think.

I was at The Classics and he certainly wasn't happy making music with them. He was happy doing BuckVie music and those two FM concerts were not something he wanted.

You can say the band is a big part of his life, but tell me: where's the joy of being sorrounded by people who doesn't like you? He wants it back for what? Being around people that doesn't want to work with you anymore just for the sake of still being part of a band?

Now if you tell me he's doing it for the money, then I totally get it, and I don't doubt that's one of the reasons he wants to be back.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.