View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I'm not looking forward to this. I Think Empire Of The Sun is the totally overrated lame lollypopversion of MGMT, who make a lot more interesting popmusic.

I wish Lindsey put some energy in collaborations with real musicians like he did with Grohl, Homme and most important Reznor.
It's interesting you have such a dislike of EOTS, because to me, they have a very Fleetwood Mac vibe to them. That whole behind the beat sound, mystical lyrics and visuals, and songs of past love affairs. Yeah, they certainly aren't breaking any new ground, but they aren't really offensive, either.

I like MGMT & Empire of the Sun both... but I'd never think to compare the two. To me, MGMT has much more adolescent lyrics and a bratty sound than EOTS. I think of EOTS appealing to slightly older, more contemplative audiences.

All that being said, am I waiting with baited breath to see what EOTS & Lindsey come up with? Hardly. EOTS is one of my favorite modern bands, but all these Mac collaborations bore me ceaselessly. Especially since they tend to give birth to horrible, boring pop songs.