View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'll have to bow to your better knowledge- but are you sure about him not playing Go Insane on solo tours???
I personally think he'll go with as much familiar stuff as possible for the reason it isn't a solo tour. He's probably going to have a lot more Fleetwood Mac fans at these shows than he would at solo concerts- he'll therefore be mindful of catering to significant numbers that wont be familiar with his solo work. That's not to say he wont play any of those favourites you mention, but I think it likely he'll want to play Go Insane and Trouble as the crowd will generally be familiar with them. We''ll see.
which i think is a great chance for him to showcase those fans some of his superb solo stuff, beyond songs like Trouble that everyone already knows and it doesn't add anything.

you are right though re Go Insane - he did do it on every solo tour i believe, sometimes the fast version, and sometimes the slow solo one (a-la Big Love arrangement). also just full disclosure, i love both version of Go Insane.

see the problem with the ones i mention is that he does not play them (beyond maybe a single tour, if that. he has to throw in the straw to solo fans, if he does Go Insane and Trouble, GYOW, NGBA, ISA, Big Love, Tusk and Second Hand News, that's LB's 8 then, done. so other than new songs, and Christine's stuff, i got nothing that interests me from Lindsey. i've heard these 8 already tons of times. that's how it was on the last FM tour for me - i was basically going for Christine's songs. there was nothing i was getting new or of interest from Lindsey.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"