View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
You know, you present a very interesting angle. I actually NEVER thought of this theory. Perhaps Stevie's issue with making new music is NOT totally ONLY with Lindsey. Could there be some resentment with Christine? Maybe some tension began during the tour? Christine probably secretly thinks that Stevie is a drama queen, but tolerates her to save face. Perhaps Stevie felt pushed aside by everyone but Mick, which led to her dismissing herself from new projects. Interesting theory.
I think while when it comes to individuals, Lindsey is the problematic one for her, but that's not the only reason. I think she truly wants to feel in charge and in control and comfortable in her environment when she does an album. When she records with Fleetwood Mac, she's technically the least talented out of the 3 writers and probably ends up feeling that she is because she can't play an instrument and her production capabilities are still heavily dependent on other people. It probably hurts the ego a little, which I get. When she does her solo work, SHE'S the boss and she's in charge and she gets to have everything how she wants. Which is understandable imo, but still frustrating.