View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

10th night of The Tusk Tour
November 10,1979
New Haven, Connecticut
Venue: Veterans Memorial Coliseum

I was at this show. This was my first time seeing Fleetwood Mac and Stevie live. I was 17 years old, almost 18. There is an audio bootleg of this show available, but I don't have it. My memories of this show: Buying the ticket for this concert I had to skip a few classes in high school. Then I went to school with my ticket. I showed off the ticket to some of the "cool" kids and one of em asked if he could hold it. Then he didn't want to give it back, but obviously, he did.
I attended the show with two good friends and we had ****ty floor seats almost near the back. We had to stand on our seats most of the show to see anything at all. In those days there were no giant screens to watch in case you couldn't see the performers. My biggest memory of this night was straining to see, standing on my tippy toes. I sat down during most of Lindsey's songs cause that was the only time I could rest. During Rhiannon Stevie tried to hit the high notes but couldn't. Even then I was comparing her live vocals to those on the two bootlegs I had at the time which were 8-25-77 Live in Las Vegas and 1975's Albatross, But Not Around My Neck Please albums.
During Sara someone threw a giant red balloon up towards the stage and Stevie caught it. She held onto it for a while and then tossed it back into the crowd. Angel was a highlite for me and so was Sister's Of The Moon but honestly I can't remember anything about her performance of Sister's.
After the show we hoped we could meet the band and so we hung out for about an hour and then when we realized that wasn't going to happen we went to look for the car. In our excitement upon arrival none of us thought to look to see what section we were parked in in the parking garage so it took us another hour of walking around just to find the car. It was also a little drizzly that night so we were a bit wet also.

From Billboard Magazine
November 10,1979
Venue: Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Headliners: Fleetwood Mac
Opening Act: Danny Douma
Produced by: Cross Country Concerts
Ticket price scale: $10.00-$14.50
Total ticket sales: 9,635
Sellout
Gross Receipts: $135,647.00

Last edited by vivfox; 11-10-2007 at 10:47 PM..