View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Zombie is smitten....
Yeah, I got it pretty bad. It's disgusting, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
I've been meaning to check out Testament in my prowl for cool metal bands (so far, I found Iced Earth and they're awesome), but what album should I start with?

And is Cute Guitar Boy the one with the the dark curly hair, blue eyes, and working on a beard? (I tend to get the guys in your many stories mixed up, but I still managed to remember Boy What Carries Things)
Haha, you actually have a pretty good memory - I only ended up going out with that guy once. He ended up not being what I would consider keeper material, despite the good hair. CGB, however, is definitely keeper material. Been seeing each other for about 2 months now.

But yay! Testament is amazing. So is Iced Earth - good choice there. For Testament albums to start with, my fav are Souls of Black and The Ritual, but CGB insists I tell you to also try Practice What You Preach first, so any of those would be good.

And here are some more awesome bands to check out if you are not already familiar:

Opeth - Blackwater Park is my favorite album of theirs. It is frackin' great. Try "Bleak" and see what you think.

Strapping Young Lad - Anything Devin Townsend (and his Mighty Skullet) does is amazing. Try "Love?" and see what you think.

Acid Bath - These guys only did two albums before the bass player died, but they are phenomenal. The vocalist, Dax, has since had many other projects, though. Try "Graveflower."

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''