View Single Post
Old 06-24-2002, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the info, Joe!

A new Greatest Hits package, hmmm? Even though I don't see a huge need for it, there *was* room for improvement left by 1988's Greatest Hits disc... so a new release could be cool... IF they include some cool collectable stuff... the radio mixes for "Over My Head" and "Rhiannon" come to mind.

I'm sure this news will deeply disappoint a lot of people though, and I'm sure some fans will grumble considerably about the record company milking Fleetwood Mac's back catalog (which I'm sure is a marketing strategy to give the new album some momentum prior to its release)... but I guess I'm just easier to please than most.
Since we have no choice but to wait until Spring for the new album, I dont mind something that is *somewhat* new in the meantime.
And hey, we always have the option to not buy it, if we choose.

Since they've apparently recorded enough material for a double album (which we've heard from a couple different sources now), I think it would be extremely wise for them to release one 14-15 track album early next year... tour the world... then use the rest of the songs they've recorded (and perhaps 2 or 3 additional tunes), and release a second album either in December of 2003, or in the Spring of 2004.

A Mac fan can dream, can't he?

Johnny Stew

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 06-24-2002 at 09:37 PM..