View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Pretty cruel

This is a really bizarre but nice idea for a game (I'm getting a little tired of the Survivor stuff, can you tell?). A lot of people initially occurred to me as deserving of this honor, including:

SARARHIANNON
SHACKIN' UP GERALD
VIANNA
ALI P
VILLAVIC
BELLA FIGURA
WETCAMELFOOD
LIVIA
SUGAR
DREAMSUNWIND KATE
JBROWNSJR

But after more careful consideration, I settled on a group of six Ledgies. The ONLY qualities I weighted with any importance in this matter were as follows:

* I'd eliminate anyone who has seen Fleetwood Mac an ungodly number of times this past tour. For people who went 150 (or God knows how many) times -- do they really need to have seen FM play 151 times? Nothing personal to comrades like Tiff, Patti & Torri, so I hope they understand my reasoning.

* They must exhibit a general level of friendliness & civility, which includes adhering to the rules of Internet communication. I would not send driveling brats whose signatures measure fully 6 inches in height or more. These are selfish people who, as far as I'm concerned, don't deserve such an honor. Brian J. exemplifies friendliness & deserves to go see Mac.

* They must love the entire band, to varying degrees at least. Many fans love Stevie or love Lindsey or love John or whomever ... but don't think all that much of the other members. That's fine, but let them buy their own tickets. I want to send people who'd be thrilled to be seeing the GROUP. Ledgies like Mike B. & Joe come to mind.

* They must be excited as opposed to merely belligerent about seeing Fleetwood Mac. In my 25+ years of paying very close attention to other FM fans, I have learned how to distinguish the merely noisy fans from the truly enthralled. Christy, for example, yelps a great deal about Lindsey, but it's obvious to all of us by this point that she genuinely loves Lindsey & the rest of the band. When she goes to see LB in concert, her pulse rate probably accelerates exponentially.

* They must all be able to get along as a group, because I'd send them all together. I think the group I picked would have a blasting good time together.

* Anyone who's ever maliciously trolled Usenet wouldn't get my vote. That eliminates Ginny, Jim, Andie, kyle, John Weir & Aquanet. Oh, & Swill.

* I couldn't in good conscience send anyone who may be in mental distress or psychological disequalibrium. In those cases, money & time are better spent on psychotropic medication & therapy. Once again, this would eliminate Ginny.

* Finally, if I've lost touch with otherwise great, fun, with-it fans -- like Doug Lefeve, Chris Small or Ann Sissom -- they don't get to go.

So, my final group is:

[drum roll]

MIKE B.
JUDY L.
CHRISTY WONDERBRA
JOE (NY)
LES
ESTRANGED4LIFE BRIAN

Sorry for the book!