View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Hmmm...WB (or subsidiaries of WB) re-issued remastered versions of entire catalogues by:

CSN(&Y)
Genesis
Van Halen
Led Zeppelin
Eric Clapton
Cream
Buffalo Springfield
Elvis Costello (ok, so exactly how MANY times has his entire catalogue been reissued? First Sony, then Rykodisc, then Rhino (a WB Co), now who?)

You can't tell me that Fleetwood Mac doesn't belong in that group...I would think that Fleetwood Mac reissues would outsell just about every one of those groups except LZ.

The only hold up, that I can think of off the top of my head regarding the entire catalogue is because everything prior to Heroes Are Hard To Find are still under "ownership" of Clifford Davis. But, still, that doesn't mean they can't move forward with all the post-Tusk albums, too.

Instead of the never ending new ways to repackage Greatest Hits & Best Of... & VERY Best Of... compilations, try redoing the catalogue and see if the total catalogue sales numbers don't exceed any one of those "hits" packages.
Exactly my thoughts.

It's not just that those big artists have been remastered and rereleased. I've got remasters from bands that sold a fraction of the numbers the Mac did by obscure hard rock/metal bands from the 80s (Pentagram and Angel Witch) so if they can come out then Mirage and TITN have no excuse not to be release.