View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
The price of the Deluxe Tusk reissue is a bit hard to swallow, but being rabid fan, I can not settle for the lesser format versions, sans the live tracks.
I initially was resolved to suck it up and pay full price. I pre-ordered it from my local record store, but there are no obligations for me to purchase it. It was priced at $125.

Looking for better options, I was able to purchase it for $80 with free shipping at Target (with my Target Red Card). By no means am I motivated to endorse any merchandiser, but I just want to share my experience with people who might be daunted by the prospect of shelling out so much cash. 80 bucks is still a lot of money but it's the best deal I've seen so far.
Even though I can afford it, I still cannot see myself giving anyone that kind of money for a live disc, which is what I basically wanted out of this. Just yesterday I duped myself out of my own stupidity and bought the 3 disc package at Barnes and Noble for 23.00 thinking it contained the live tracks. I just quickly glanced at the songs on disc three and saw some dates and assumed it was the live stuff.I was so proud of myself for waiting until April to buy this, knowing the price would be reduced by now and NOW realize I'm gonna have to shell out MORE money for the live stuff to be included. This may sound crazy but even though several Ledgies spelled it out for us, the different versions available for this format, I had to read them and reread them over and over and was still readily confused.