Thread: Irvine, CA 1982
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Another interesting aspect that these shows highlight is we all think of Dont Stop as an encore or closer but in those days it was performed early in the set which seems almost strange to not think of it as the anthem it has become today.
Almost forgot Oh Well was still played by Lindsey up to 1982. Like a fantastic sauce recipe we get a dash of this and a dash of that. We get a classic hard rocking Oh Well, a mystical Brown Eyes, a country Gypsy (no coming down or hey hey), Hold Me, and great playing with no back up singers or extra musicians anywhere in sight. Landslide gripped the audience in silence compared to the sing along it is today. Intense stuff!
Its all in there!
What always has made Fleetwood Mac great to me is the varied mix of songs in their repertoire.

Don’t Stop earlier in the set is definitely jarring compared to the end of show anthem it became starting with the next tour. When they regrouped with Chris in 2014 I thought it would’ve been a cool throwback to do Don’t Stop following The Chain instead of You Make Loving Fun to give Chris her big moment. But I suppose Lindsey singing the first verse kind of kills that idea.

I’m sure there may have been some few exceptions, but pretty sure Oh Well was played at nearly every show, regardless of who was in the band, from the time it was released right through to The Dance. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I love how Lindsey has always played that one and was thrilled that first night in Pittsburgh in 2009 when they unearthed Oh Well for the first time in years!