Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Truthfully, there's not many people who would think of Bret Michaels and Miley Cyrus singing a song together.

Very few people would think of the two of us being together singing a song, and the fact that it came together so naturally was what made it great. There were no big management meetings, no big process. She was literally in the studio, we were working on Every Rose when she laid down the harmonies for the song. Here's one of the funny things, one of her favorite vocalists is Stevie Nicks. How ironic is that, because I had written and produced songs for Stevie Nicks before, and I said, "you know what's great about Stevie, is that we'd go into the studio, she got on the piano. I got on the guitar, we started playing the song, having fun," and that's the thing about Miley. The reason I believe she will truly be around for a long time and out-do a lot of her peers is because the girl grew up around music. She can play the guitar, she can sit down at the piano and play, and she writes a lot of beautiful stuff. She's very independent, and I love that. This song sounds great to me, and we ended up using almost all the stuff she cut. She really is a good singer, and she really nailed it.

http://news.popstar.com/Article/1603