View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ETA: Added dates for Jan. 25 and Feb. 5, 6, 7 1969 to the timeline (first post on first page).

I took a peek at my Kiln House LP and, unsurprisingly, it didn't say where it was recorded. Hopefully Mick's book will give some clues.

About the Dragonfly single: I found this at this site : They also released a single at that time; "Dragonfly" b/w "The Purple Dancer" in the U.K. and certain European countries. The single was not a success and the B-side has only been reissued once, on a Reprise German-only "Best of" album, making it one of their most obscure songs.
I found a release date of March 5, 1971. Does that sound right?

From this site, more about Christine joining the band: Christine made her first appearance with the band at Bristol University in May 1969 just as she was leaving Chicken Shack. She had had success with the Etta James classic, "I'd Rather Go Blind", and was twice voted female artist of the year in England. Christine McVie played her first gig as an official member on August 6, 1970 in New Orleans.
August 6! I don't know if that's correct, but it's quite close to the guesstimation (I hate that word) of August 1.

Peter filling in after Jeremy left: Liable for the remaining shows on the tour they convinced Peter Green to help finish the tour. He brought along his friend, Nigel Watson, who played the congas (twenty-five years later Green and Watson would collaborate again to form the Peter Green Splinter Group).
Is this true?

As for finishing this timeline, I'm facing a bit of a dilemma. The rest of the information I have yet to post on here are tidbits from '67-73 and everything from 1974 (since this is the pre-Rumours forum, I won't write up the stuff after Stevie and Lindsey joined). Should I continue on and add solo albums and other works Pete, Danny, Jeremy, etc. released after 1974? And what about Mick's albums, John's cd, and Christine's albums? I mean, they were in the pre-Rumours Fleetwood Mac. I'm also considering adding albums John Mayall recorded, and personal information, like when the band members were married, but I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in seeing that.

And a completely unrelated question: What albums came with inserts/lyric sheets? I have the original version of Mystery to Me with "Good Things (Come To Those That Wait", but no lyric sheet (grieve_not, a member of livejournal.com, said so).

And memorabilia and merchandise--what was made? I know Peter had a sticker that said "Fleetwood Mac is swift" on a guitar case, there were two Penguin-era bumper stickers, and on the back of Heroes Are Hard to Find, Bob is wearing a shirt that simply reads "Fleetwood Mac".

EDIT: I got a usb record player for Christmas, so I am able to transfer records to mp3 format. I'd like to get "Good Things" up here for people to download, since it was never released on CD (as far as I know). If it's not on CD, it's not commercially available, so... my question is: would I get in trouble (from mods, admin, etc.) if I posted it here? And what other songs would I be able to upload?

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."

Last edited by Moz; 01-08-2009 at 09:40 PM..