View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
I think that's pretty accurate for the practice of releasing singles that were not included on albums at that particular time, but it certainly was not unusual during the punk/post-punk era in the later '70s and early '80s, and continued to some extent into the '90s at least.
Interesting. I'm not sure if that was because the impact of FM radio - as we once knew it - had faded somewhat by then, or it was just due to my overall lack of interest in the punk, techno and grunge.*

Hey does Hjort indicate the recording studio for the TPO sessions and Kiln House by chance? I'm racking my brains trying to recall where those projects were done respectively, as I probably knew once upon a time but have lost a ****load of brains cells since. Ah... you know the bit. [x] cringe [x]
--------+
*PS. I should add I do enjoy a lot of 80's stuff, bands like the Pretenders, Eurythmics, Heart, Katrina & The Waves, Berlin, Quarterflash, and the Motels. Do any of those queen size bands count? In fairness I don't really think Stevie Ray Vaughan, the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Huey Lewis or Asia qualify as such.