View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This situation reminds me so much of when LeBron James left the Cleveland Cavaliers a few years back. I happened to be in Cleveland the night he announced he was leaving Cleveland for Florida, and man, were fans furious! They were saying horrible things about him, his children, you name it. And they were very irrational. Some would say Cleveland was better off without him and in the next breath say they hated him for leaving. Fans were bragging about burning his jersey, claiming he was actually holding the Cavs back, all kinds of things, and that they would never forget how he betrayed Cleveland and the fans. How selfish he was for only thinking about himself and not the fans. And then of course he was welcomed back to Cleveland with open arms a year or two later.

I just think it's interesting how similar the two situations are. Not exactly the same, of course, but very similar. LeBron James had the right to move to Florida, it's his life and he shouldn't have to live for the fans. Likewise, they have the right to be angry with him, but the personal attacks on the radio programs the night of his announcement and the next day were insane. Well, like the personal attacks on this board.