View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm seriously struggling to understand what all the complaints are about. Granted the lack of Christine is a misstep, however the rest is pure Mac! What were you expecting? What sound were you expecting? this is what a relevant artist sounds like.

I always think about the Eagles comeback album "Long Road out of Eden" as a barometer for classic rock artists returning. Firstly what a hideous sounding album that was, all slick and MOR sounding. There was nothing on that album to indicate they have a clue about new music or trends. Only created with the sole purpose of helping their older fans from the 70's remember what they used to listen to.

Lindsey has never been that artist, and never will be that artist. For that is the reason I love this man, he won't create soft rock radio crap, this could get played on any alternative radio station and no one would blink. This is Lindsey in Pop mode.

I love it, not because it's the first track we have heard in 4 years, but because I love this band and this man and i'm prepared to go on the journey with him, and not dictate what i want, and what i expect from an album. That's the joy of following an artist. If you want stock standard regular music go and listen to 24Karat Gold.

Last edited by justcrazylove; 04-14-2017 at 08:23 PM..