View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
from this Penguin Q&A: http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/...nmcvie_qa1.htm

I've been under the impression that Lindsey's Tusk tracks are mainly himself playing all the instruments, and that the same is true with Tango In The Night. Of course there are occasions where I think you are playing: the official Tusk documentary shows you in the studio laying down the bass track for "Save Me A Place". And on Tango In The Night I think you are playing on "Caroline" as well, not to forget the ending of the title track. But in general, is it just him playing nearly everything on his tracks on the Tusk and Tango In The Night albums? (Gaius, , , Finland)

Hi Gaius,
Thanks for the questions. As far as I know and remember, every bass track on a Mac album was played by me. If you find out they snuck one by me, let me know. All the best! McVie
I thought we'd discussed this. Like I said I've now forgotten more about FM than I remember. The only reason I asked was because Mick said in his book or somewhere that John would come in to lay down his parts, hang out, presumably get buzzed and then go home forgetting to lay them down. He does quantify his statement with "As far as I know and remember." His playing is very recognizable and there are just a few of songs where I'm not quite sure.