View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyGloff View Post
Ok this is a really dumb question, but I'm legitimately perplexed and I am not sure where else to ask LOL!

I'm a pretty decent size Stevie fan - and I understand many of the moments us fans love

-the cheers when she twirls
-the cheers for the howl during GDW and EO17
-we all love the "Stand Back" high kick...

And I absolutely love the 24K film and album much more than I expected to. It's really solid and there's some really powerful moments... "Gypsy" actually never was one of my favorites live but they kinda nailed it here.

But...why are fans going crazy over the "you say hey hey baby" part during the chorus? It's definitely not my favorite ad lib by far. Every time that passes in the film/album you hear the crowd going crazy. It's killing my vibe! Why is that a Stevie moment now?

I am guessing maybe there's really no reason - or Stevie loves that part so she brought the crowd up in the mix on the album? If there's something I'm missing I sincerely wanna know.

Okay hey hey baby?
So at the shows I went to, I got the impression that it wasn't the "you say hey hey baby" that made the fans yell, but the fact that she waves at the audience while she sings it.