View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
My point in posting that is to wonder how much of their drama is real. Not for any other reason.
you know, if we are talking about drama, i think a lot of it is real. these are weird, self-centered, over-indulged people who achieved tremendous success and made tons of money, so they could hire people who had to listen to them and stroke their egos. Lindsey once said that criteria for mental illness and who'd be termed "crazy" is very different out in the real job world vs if you are in a successful rnr band. i think although they stopped doing drugs and alcohol and seem to be mostly living very health-conscious lives, that drama and push pulls between FM band members (probably helped by their managers and lawyers) is very much still there and that's why every time they want to do something - an album, a tour, they all have different opinions and it goes in circles way longer than it should before anything gets done. but i guess they made it like that through the last 40+ years so they'll probably get it somewhat together for a possibly one last tour too. or maybe they won't, who knows?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"