View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, exactly. composer is the word i think i've been looking for awhile without even knowing, in reference to LB and CM!

when i say this song reminds me of Christine, i don't see it as them literally having an affair. i just see him randomly inserting references to past songs and adding lyrics about sex on top of some real event that happened - like somebody said, perhaps sorting out working visa or some such documents to be able to perform with FM.
gotcha.

And I'm thinking that he fit in "papers are in order" coz it happened to rhyme with "meet me at the border" and that he liked "meet me at the border" coz it just makes an intriguing story of a clandestine relationship or something...which could be something with Stevie, though realistically, given their tension those days are long, long gone in reality... they just make good stories and titillate people.

it could have something to do with his wife......for example, she runs a couple of her businesses (design and horses) and let's say, maybe she was just getting some papers together and he liked the phrase "papers are in order" and constructed a story, and "meet me at the border" rhymed with the first line and he's off, creating a new story.

I tend to think his writing is more in that vein versus like reading his diary. I know that's a lot less romantic and doesn't support shipping, but there ya go.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-30-2017 at 04:53 PM..