View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
I guess I don't totally understand the situation, because it seems to me that if it was purely a business decision, it would have been much better not to fire him. Now they are risking selling far fewer tickets at shows. I think if they did a tour and LB did solo shows on off days, it would have little or no impact on ticket sales for Mac shows. I think that a vast, vast majority of people would either go to both shows or only the Mac show in their area, whereas with the new lineup, far more people will just stay away from the Mac show. So it being a business decision makes no sense to me.

The other thing I'll add is that I'm seriously astounded that money could even come into this. If any of them are not already set for life, then it just speaks to horrible greed and a complete and utter lack of ability to live within an extraordinary huge means. Very sad.

Kevin
I agree with everything you said about fans going to both or just the Mac shows. I would have gone to both. I would have been dead broke but by God I would have gone to as many shows I could have. What does a firing accomplish r/t ticket sales? Ok, some Mike Campbell fans will check out a show or two. Is Neil Finn a big draw--I don't know but my guess is no(could be wrong).

Assess the competing narratives: 'FM w/Mike and Neil minus LB' versus 'See the classic Rumors line up one last time". Is this even a question?? Even the majority of folks who saw FM last time around would go again cause this presumably is the last tour. Some fans sat it out last tour thinking they would tour one more time---those people would definitely buy tickets for the 5. Some of them will still go to the shows cause they figure this is the last chance but those #'s will be smaller I think.

I wonder if Mick will do meet + greets. Will the fans be instructed that he will not be answering any questions about Lindsey. Maybe his lawyers will advise against him doing meets.