View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
How badly would you like to see the fight that led to the album going back to a single disc and killing (at least according to Mick) any prospects for a future album?

It must have been some fight, because it would have been an obvious climax scene for the film but was not included.
Exactly. The most acrimonious and telling part of the story was not included--presumably because Stevie (and maybe Mick's) camps did not give their approval, either to the filming or during the editing stage.

I don't think I'd necessarily enjoy watching another fight between Stevie, Lindsey and Karen, but it's frustrating from a narrative perspective for the most pivotal part of that "subplot" to be elided completely and just summarily reported on by Lindsey after the fact.

I actually side with the others regarding not making it a double album, and being able to squeeze as many as 18 tracks on 1 CD seems like a reasonable compromise. My take on it is that Lindsey had been sitting on this project for WAY to long (ie his last release (other than The Dance) was in 1992) so he had too much invested in it psychologically and was trying to accomplish too much, even despite shifting the project to a different context (ie FM instead of solo).

But everyone stringing him along until the last minute is so infuriating.