View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well, she always had daddy to bail her out. even though she says sometimes that they didn't want to support her unless she moved home, she talks in earlier (70s and 80s) interviews about her dad understanding her love of beautiful things (as opposed to her mom who was rather frugal) and thus giving her the money to buy the nicer things, much to her mom's disapproval.

She had a Greyhound bus pass that let her go anywhere whenever she needed/wanted courtesy of her dad. And when the busses went on strike and she got stuck in Aspen she called home and though they weren't happy about it they did send her a plane ticket to get back to LA.

So I think she always had that safety net of her parents' money, however much hassle they might have given her whenever she might have asked them for some of it.

Interestingly, we never hear about Lindsey's relationship with his parents… mostly his mom of course after his dad passed during the BN days. Though he grew up in a very affluent place, I don't think his mom was left in as great a financial situation after his dad passed… so maybe Stevie's parents were in a sense the safety net for them both.
Hi Bombay!I started a thread a while ago about Lindsey's parents,If you PM me your email I'll send it to you.