View Single Post
Old 06-03-2003, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by cosar
Glitter,

I don’t want you or anyone else here to think this board censors people. To paraphrase the opening of a song I know you’re familiar with, “I took my thread, I took it down.” It was causing too much heartache, for me and, it seemed, for everyone else. It was making me too sad.

I have noticed in the short time I’ve been here that a lot of people just avoid the contentious threads and only post in the ones that deal with Fleetwood Mac’s music, concerts, etc. I think I’ve learned my lesson, and I plan to follow their lead.

I hope everyone had the VIOLIN music turned way up when they read this little tale of woe.

This 'man' comes over to this board on a witch hunt, that he 'thinks' he's disguised well enough to look like a peace mission, but he fooled no one because people saw his post for exactly what it was. He attacks members of this board, all the while defending and pleading the case of his friends Jackie and Trinity and how they've been so misunderstood. _ He stirs the pot here with his "contentious thread" and his nasty habit of deleting and editing his attacks.

Now he's saying that some people here "avoid the contentious threads" and he'll be doing the same. Of course he wouldn't bother to mention that HE was the one that started the "contentious thread". No no no...you wouldn't want to do that and take responsibility for what part your own actions and words played, when you can just hit the erase and delete button and THINK you've washed away everything that has gone on. Does this remind anyone of a certain 'Black Knight' and his tactics, and what started this whole mess in the Fleetwood Mac community?

Back to the story.... This does sounds exactly the way he relayed his tale of woe over on Mick's board, conveniently leaving out pesky details like he might have started things off on the wrong foot here by attacking members of this board and maybe the "contentious thread" would have gone differently if he would have been a lot less contentious and not tried to turn a whole community against some of it's members. Of course, this was all disguesed as a PEACE mission.

SO, let me see if I've got the story right..

Attack, EDIT out the attack and apologize

Attack again. EDIT it out (again) and leave the thread asking that everyone stop posting to your "contentious thread"

Attack again, this time on another board where the people you're attacking can't defend themselves

Attack again when someone responds to the attack on the board where they can post, then DELETE this latest attack (again!)

Attack again!, all the while claiming how you've been so misunderstood and you're really a "pretty smart guy" but you're now leaving the thread for good (again!).

DELETE the entire thread because people are now onto your DELETE AND EDIT tactics and you can't get rid of the quotes AND the posts where people have archived your attacks and there is no other way to hide what you've done. Make sure to paint yourself as sad, and a good guy (who always acts within the "boundaries of civility") so you're only going to join the happy posts on this message board.

DON'T try to be honest from the beginning and come to this community and say you'd like to join the board, period. Instead, try to disguise your real intentions that you'd like to HEDGE your bets because the site you've aligned yourself with has become boring and is dying a slow and painful death. Make sure to stir the pot but good with a "contentious thread", and then paint yourself as a sad, misunderstood, but "pretty smart guy".

Wouldn't this 'pretty smart guy' be shocked to learn that the entire thread has been permanently saved.