View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Mike. Well I am concerned that Stevie seems disconnected from the new Mac album. Lindsey has been attempting to get her involved in a Mac recording for some years and the most he could coax out of her was what she contributed to last year's Extended Play (ie two days of work and not a splendid result).
Even with Christine back in the fold, Stevie has yet to commit on any level in terms of recording. I don't know whether she's resentful of obligations to the band or if she's cautious of Lindsey producing her songs, but she doesn't seem enthusiastic at all. It's possible she is writing/preparing songs as we speak, but I suspect she's more engaged with the prospects of another solo album, most likely with Dave Stewart at the helm. Of course, I don't blame her if this is the case, but I'm confused about where her loyalties might lie.
Stevie has always maintained that she never wanted to be the one to "break up the band", but now that she has the perfect opportunity to make (at least) one (last) great album with them, she seems hesitant. I can't help but wonder about the sincerity of all those overtures towards Christine over the years (regarding re-joining), especially now that it's come to fruition. Was she simply using Christine's absence as an excuse to avoid participating in another Mac album? After all, it's clear from statements she made up until even last year that she never actually thought Christine would return.
Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I think Stevie might be a little disillusioned with the idea of another Mac recording so I'm concerned about her contribution. I imagine she will have input at some stage, but when and in what capacity is anyone's guess. I just want the whole album to be brilliant and if she's not invested, it just won't realise the ambitions I have for it.
PS Regarding the Linda Ronstadt tribute performance, "Different Drum" and "You Can Close Your Eyes" are superb suggestions, but I very much doubt Stevie will stray from "It's So Easy".