View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Although I'm bummed LB is gone (for now, anyway, who knows what'll happen 5 years from now), I have to admit I am ok with LB being replaced in a way I never would be if SN were replaced, and here's why- Stevie is a singer only. Lindsey, being a guitarist, HAS to be replaced. The band NEEDS a guitarist. Bringing Mike Campbell in to play guitar is pretty damn genius- he's incredible, well-liked and has a following. And bringing Neil Finn is also clever- while we're all speculating he'll be singing LB songs live, the band will probably surprise us by having him sing Danny Kirwin or Bob Welch songs instead.
In your dreams
The Bob Welch era has been white washed. They don't talk about it, would not allow him in the Rock N Roll hall of fame, and even removed any mention of him on Behind the Music. They even cut him off the album Heroes are Hard to Find.
There is no way any Bob Welch will be played. Even Lindsey songs wont be played (I don't consider The Chain a Lindsey song). They don't want to sound like a cover band. I am shocked at what people think they are going to play. Someone mentioned on another thread that I'm So Afraid will be played LOL
The worst mistake you can make is trying to imitate the person you are replacing.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-10-2018 at 05:27 PM..