View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i know that's your theory, but his work with FM members or Stevie is peppered all over his output, whether solo, or producing others such as Walter Egan, so i'm not sure whether that theory really holds.
There was nobody else from Fleetwood Mac on Go Insane or OOTC. Look at the 1993 Virgin interview. Do you think THAT guy would have anything to do with the band if his masterpiece had been a commercial success?

The biggest issue in 1995 that affected all of them was Mo and Lenny being out at Warner. Albums tanking, leadership changes at the label, and the success of other bands reuniting forced their hands.
Quote:
i'm hoping that at 69 he has finally learned all these lessons and will put his output first. and no returning to time-wasting exercise that FM has been since 1998!
I agree, although he’s been his own worst enemy. The band can get some of the blame (although Fleetwood Mac usually greatly benefited him), but the gaps in his career have been self-induced. Eleven years between tours (Mirage to OOTC) and eleven years between studio albums (OOTC to SYW). Doesn’t matter how much of a genius he is if he’s not getting his name out there.

THE Stephen Hopkins