View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Welcome to the ledge.
When I first joined this forum, I was almost afraid to admit I liked Mirage and that it was probably my first or second favorite Mac album. There was even a poll about album covers and Mirage was not even an option to vote for it. I am thrilled about how much love Mirage is getting and the re-release.
I don't know why but some on this board love to beat up on Lindsey's Mirage songs. I don't think any of them seem out of place IMHO.
Of course Lindsey was under pressure to be more pop which probably drove him crazy. But his Empire State and Eyes of the World could have easily appeared on Tusk. The production quality is just much better and other band members are playing on the songs. Empire state would have been recorded in his bathroom with Kleenex boxes or something. Book of Love, Cant go back, and Oh Diane are pure pop greatness but have some creative Lindsey arrangements. One part that gets over looked is Lindsey did some fantastic writing on his songs. He is more of a guitar player and producer than prolific song writer. His writing is strong and good. The songs have so much more depth than Go Insane or Big Love, or Caroline, etc.
These Lindsey songs were the last before he swallowed the 80's programmed music hook line and sinker.