View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Just got home from the grocery store. Okay, I can admit, I'm a little frugal..... Now, at home, when I'm alone, I might be known to drink some Franzia (box) wine. Well, a couple months ago, XXXXXX(I won't name my store, just in case someone here works for them) had my wine, at like 5 bucks off a box. They only had a couple boxes of Merlot, so I got a raincheck. The service desk lady told me she wasn't even sure she was allowed to give rainchecks on liquor, so I said, "well, I guess I'll need to go through a YOUNG cashier's line then, huh?". She laughed because she knew I was right.
Anyway, I went through this young guy's line(he is probably 21). Anyway, we joked about how much I like my "juice boxes". He hands me my raincheck BACK. I wasn't sure if it was on purpose or not. A few weeks later, I go back for more, and see him again. He keeps giving me my raincheck back! Just a few minutes ago, I stocked up again. He said, "it sure seems like you always buy your wine from me". I said, "odd, aint it?". He laughed, and slid me back my raincheck, again! I've probably bought 15 or so boxes now(no, I haven't drank them all.....I just keep stocking up, figuring that I'm going to lose that raincheck, sooner or later!).
What a boring, stupid story to share, but boy am I bored right now!

PS- they had fifths of Raspberry Stoli in the clearance cart, for $5!!!! I bought all (3) bottles they had!
I'll be over in a minute. *dashes to Homie's*

I bought a bottle of organic wine last night for $5. It was good. White, fruity, but just hints of it, it wasn't sweet at all. Also, it barely had the sharp tang of most white wine. Very nice indeed. My carb treat for the week, and now it's back onto only carbs from veggies. Because, if you don't have cable, there is fricking nothing on on Fri. nights.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 09-16-2006 at 04:37 PM..