Thread: R.I.P. Storms
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Sorry, but I felt Storms never worked done live, at least the way Stevie performs it. Not soft enough. I'll take Beautiful Child over Storms any day. The LIB performance is one of my favorite performances of all time.
Storms live needs LB harmonies. Storms on Unleashed tour and Beautiful Child on SYW tour with beautiful harmonies he pulled were gorgeous. record versions are more bland, for my taste, i don't enjoy them as much as those live versions.

Storms on this tour was like shouting - as you said - not soft enough, and no extra live harmonies.

it seems that when LB was FM's live musical director, especially the last 2 tours, would insist that deep cuts need to be kept in the set and presented to people, whether or not they are familiar. note that his songs were never dropped as the tours would go on (sometimes they'd be swapped for another one of his songs, like IKINW for BTLH on OWTS tour). he is not easily discouraged. Christine doesn't seem to be afraid of keeping unfamiliar songs or deep cuts either, even though she has by far the most hits of the 3 songwriters. Stevie has dropped several of her new songs on SYW tour (RTTG was performed once or twice, same with DR), not sure whether they were replaced with some other songs or purely dropped. the 2 FM tours i've seen - Live 2013 and OWTS 2014-2015, none of the songs were dropped in the course of the tour.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"