Thread: 1980 Live album
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I LOVE the 1980 Live album. So glad Mick got his way with doing it because the band and Warner Brothers did not want to do it. They just did a 2 disc Tusk that did not sell up to expectations. The Live album was considered a flop and everyone pointed fingers at Mick and was like "told you so." But looking back its wonderful Mick got his way.
There were a few odd choices like the guitar string breaking during Don't Stop. Why would you include that live version? OMG the beautiful Over and Over which is really another song live. I never cared for Dreams. The live version recorded at sound check in France was recorded before Dreams was a hit in 1977. I think it was just released. IMHO Stevie is finding her footing in the song and trying too hard. I think that is the reason it sounds so different than all other live versions of Dreams.
I love the photos inside the album. Boy the hours I spent looking at the inside of that album