View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
If Chris exits, it'll likely be after this tour and she won't agree to another leg of it. This band has become toxic no matter whether you're to side with Lindsey or Stevie. And, in my personal opinion, despite their past mistakes and what they may or may not have done to one another (and while not condoning their behaviors either), to have any member of that iconic line-up be ousted at this stage of their careers whether it had been Lindsey, Stevie or Chris, I think is just criminal. If you cannot get along at this point, then call it a day as a collective and do your own solo things. If you can't be part of a band for 30-40 some odd years and get along, just call it quits altogether. You always have those royalty and solo checks to keep you afloat since it's obviously not the creativity keeping you there...... But that's just my two cents.
I completely agree. I actually think this is shaping up to be a US tour. I don't see them extending beyond. Whether it's because Christine wants to bail (and if she does, I think you can 100% attribute to the Lindsey situation--she had blast during OWTS and during Buck Vie) SHe's had a 16 year vacation...and she's fit--she's ready to be out there.....IF ITs FUN for her. I think she towed the band line , mind you I am not giving her a pass, but the fact that 1/2 the band is British and not a rumble of at least London shows yet. I think promoters are nervous to commit because sales are so dismal. I don't care how much you like to twirl around your living room--in the cold clear light of day....it's clear this "new band" isn't resonating like the PTB hoped. Question becomes can they (and by they I mean can Mick deploy Christine to try to make amends with Lindsey on the bands behalf to give it one last go) Otherwise, hope y'all saw OWTS--because that was in my mind and a lot of other folks, the FM Farewell Tour.
As things stand now, I don't see Christine sticking around beyond the last date in April '19.