View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Generally, when Lindsey is singing he is looking at Stevie or into the audience and when he is standing away from his mic, he is looking at Christine. That's always been true, before the Dance taping and after it. I'm not sure how much of her piano he can hear through his floor monitor, but I think looking at Christine is part of his guitar playing, in a way.

Michele
I agree with you Michele. I also think it maybe part of his playing style, because Stevie has said in the past that before they started to use the earphones they use speakers that would just blast the music back onto the stage and it was very hard to hear.

Also, something I haven't seen said before is; I think Bleed to Love her is about Stevie (I know I'm in the minority here) and I don't think Lindsey would have wanted to look at Stevie when he was singing the lyrics to that particular song (if you notice he almost made a point of NOT looking at Stevie), so instead he sang the song to Christine.

And as far as books go, Carol Ann's book was just drama, drama, drama. Ken's book was pretty technical and there aren't very many salacious stories about the band and all the drama going on around him at the time. It's almost like the band never argued with each other while they were in the studio (and we know that's not true). I interviews Ken's said that the band members (especially Stevie and Lindsey) argued almost daily. And an interesting note for me is when Ken said that at one point Christine was going to help him and give him stories for the book, but then pulled back and said she couldn't do it. He said he later found out that Lindsey was thinking about writing his own book and told the band members not to help Ken out.

I really hope Lindsey does write an autobiography because I would love to read it. He's been meligned a lot over the years (I'm sure a lot of it was earned) and I can see him wanting the public to understand his side of the story too.

I am looking forward to Ken's book about Tusk, I have a feeling he maybe willing to tell a bit more about what was going on behind the scenes in that book, because he's going to want to try and sell more books than he last time.