View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
exactly.

will it be piling on or is it an attempt to counterbalance a lot of the stuff that's been put out there in recent years about LB (ref. Carol Harris, Ken Caillat, even Mick's book)? Calling LB his "mentor" and owing him "everything" certainly seems like it would be the latter.
I think it's about time someone give Lindsey a little more praise, especially now that he's a better person. Not saying that he was ever a bad person, but drugs can make you do things you might not ordinarily do. I'm about 3/4 through Caillat's book and he seems to enjoy bad mouthing LB more than anyone else. It seems to be that he hates having to give him any credit for Rumours even though we know it wouldn't have been possible without him. Not even close. I think Caillat is one lucky dick that practically fell into a river of gold and doesn't give enough credit to all of the people that made it possible. Seems to pick and choose. He even has hinted a lot so far in the book on how Stevie was so nice and sweet.... back then. So I'm waiting to hear about what he thinks now or what. This is just my opinion. We're all entitled to one. I think Lindsey is a genius. One of the absolute best guitar players as far as ability, but mostly creativity. Superb vision and crafting. I think Stevie is an excellent lyricist and unique vocalist. They are a top notch band in all areas. John is truly one of the best bassists of all time. FM is not FM without Christine and her voice, keys and Mick is a powerful, intense and impressive drummer. I love this band. I think Dashut deserves more credit for his contributions as well. It'd be cool if they worked with him again. Caillat can ride someone else's coat tails. Sorry, I think he's an ass. Plus, I could really give a **** about his personal life or his dog stories. The title of the book is on the making of Rumours and not an autobiography.