View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yeah, after everything that happened it’s hard to imagine those are real tears. But I guess they were having a normal relationship at that time and then everything went downhill once Christine returned. And she knew it.
I think those tears were real. Stevie gets caught up in the words of songs the way Danny would get emotional when he played the guitar. It’s the music that brings it out of her. To attribute the tears to something specific is dicey. And I certainly don’t think she was crying because Christine was coming back: in fact, she seemed to really want her old pal back again. What she didn’t want was another tour so hard on the heels of the one they just did. She was very unhappy about it and made her feelings known midway through the five-piece’s reunion.

Did Lindsey change toward her once Christine returned? Probably. He no longer had to tolerate her and make so many concessions. He could also force the issue of new music, something Stevie had been avoiding with FM for years.

People keep saying she could have given them 2-3 old or new songs. This is true. But something else might have frozen her: her contributions next to theirs might have seemed thin or anemic—and historically the press has rarely been kind in reviews to Stevie’s FM album contributions, where the five piece is concerned. Rolling Stone, for example, pretty much dismissed Stevie’s contributions to both Mirage and Tango, while praising the musical partnership Lindsey and Christine had forged. At this surge in her career, Stevie is NOT inviting bad press. She seems hell bent on squeezing as much out of her legacy a possible.