View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
Where did you hear Lindsey's comment about Brian Wilson having a crush on Chris? I posted a 1979 Melody Maker article some time ago. It was primarily about Dennis Wilson although Chris was in the article too. Dennis was quoted as saying that Brian liked Christine. He remarked that Brian didn't like his previous wife at all.
In this Songwriters article, Lindsey went through the songs on Tusk and he said that when he was doing Save Me a Place, it was sort of Hawaiian the way they would chant "save . . . me . . . " and Brian Wilson told him that Bob Dylan would like that. Lindsey said, "I remember Brian Wilson was kind of hanging out then. He had a crush on Christine, and was not doing too great then." Actually, that gives me the time frame. This must have been before Tusk came out. So, Brian liked Christine before Dennis did. He got there first Brian was extremely talented, which I could see might interest Chris, but he couldn't even take care of himself at that point. It must have been hard to feel anything for him but pity.

As for Dennis, it's kind of funny that Chris said that Dennis threw her into the deep end both literally and figuratively, when we know that he ended up drowning. That "surf boy" theme just carried all the way through.

Michele