View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
There wasn't any problem with Time. The problem was with the narrow minded Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham fans who didn't give the new lineup the chance it deserved. Oh, that and the absence of Rick Vito.
Oh, them's fightin' words, dearie!

I think it's unfair to compare the Time band with the Rumours band; yes, it kinda looked like Fleetwood Mac from a distance... but upon closer inspection it was merely a drooling zombie version of what they used to be. Almost everything that made Fleetwood Mac Fleetwood Mac was absent- the quirkiness, the divine harmonies, the haunting mysticism, the romantic/musical tension, and most definitely the passion. Other than the divine contributions from Mrs. Perfect McVie Quintela, this was pretty much generic, gutless, soulless middle-of-the-road adult contemporary pop that would not have been out of place on a made-for-Lifetime-Television movie soundtrack. I tried to give it a chance. Really. But on a perfectly objective level, there is no way I would have ever subjected myself to this tediously uninteresting music if they didn't slap the ol' "Fleetwood Mac" label onto it.

That being said... "Nights in Estoril" gets mad respect from me- I blow kisses in its general direction.