Thread: So...now what?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I saw Destiny Rules when it was first released, but I don't remember a lot of it. But I vaguely remember that scene and thinking Stevie was overreacting to his feedback. I agree, Lindsey was being totally appropriate, and she seemed to take it personally, like she thought he was being patronizing. Maybe his opinion really does matter to her, so she was disappointed when he found a 'flaw' with it. And since it's obvious to me Thrown Down was written about their relationship immediately after the Dance tour, maybe Stevie was hypersensitive because of that.
I think the reason she overreacted was because she was told this by Lindsey over the years. In her opinion she feels Lindsey is being overly critical of her words which she thinks is only directed at her. She may have a point. Did Lindsey correct Christine's grammar or verb tense in songs? Maybe he did. Who knows. But its little things like this that this former couple quibble about constantly