View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think people will throw things at them if they attempt Go Your Own Way. I know it's their most popular song and a concert staple but it's the Lindsey song.
And I think my jaw would fall to floor if Stevie ever performed Silver Springs with anyone other than Lindsey on guitar.
Totally agree. Yes GYOW is one of their concert highlights, but they've got plenty of other well known songs that they can fill a set with without playing the song that will most scream "HEY GUYS LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM ISN'T HERE ANYMORE!" I'm a long time FM diehard who has had a "crazy elderly band still doing crazy things" attitude about the whole situation...and even I desperately want them to give GYOW a rest in their Lindsey-less state.

Also agree about Silver Springs. Much as Stevie apparently cannot stand being around Lindsey anymore, she has clung to the "Stevie-Lindsey Shtick" in concerts since The Dance and her Silver Springs performances are kind of the pinnacle of that. I just don't seeing her playing Silver Springs without him. (And as much as Silver Springs is one of my very favorites, and as much as I got tired of the phoniness with Lindsey...I think I'd prefer they don't play it...)