View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Would YOU go back, after worldwide embarrassment? I wouldn't. Not unless I really needed the money. And I'm sure he doesn't.
There's a weird syndrome at work in many of us in similar circumstances. I've known several people who were mistreated at work, left, and returned some time later when asked. You all undoubtedly know—are are—these people. In 1997, when Lindsey signed back in, it was different because Lindsey, Stevie, and Christine were all coming back after an absence, and the first time heralding the Holy Fivesome had a chilling effect on the spine because it was the first time. (Rolling Stone didn't just decide to give FM a 1997 cover story because those second-generation writers, swimming in hip-hop, post-grunge, and alternative, suddenly decided that Rhiannon and Say You Love Me were relevant. It was because that reunion and its subsequent commercial success were intended to be what they used to call a Happening in the sixties.)

But that wondrous sense of possibilities and healing and all that sh!t isn't really operative anymore, is it? Who wants to or needs to experience a Spiritual Reconvening of five rock stars a second time? Doesn't it begin to feel like a corny script at this point? Fleetwood Mac as the American Rock Dunciad?

In Lindsey's psyche, the band's legacy is going to have to remain unfulfilled. Lindsey should see his shrink—not rejoin Fleetwood Mac—to help him with closure.

moviekinks.blogspot.com