View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wow, you cannot be serious! she has less respect from the band now than she ever had. she made a power move and they had to eat it, for money, contracts, or whatever. that does not get you respect from your peers, when they watch you screw over one of you. it may get you fear that you are next maybe. power move like that gains you fear, but not respect.

and seriously? the only way Lindsey comes back is if Stevie grovels. NOT if Stevie makes demands of him. his whole lawsuit was about getting out the facts, and if you think he'd come back with his tail between legs you haven't been paying attention last year. and now you think he'd after what happened last year go back to appeasing Stevie - something that mostly got him a colossal waste of time for the last 20 years and ultimately ouster from the band.

now i'm completely sure Steve handed over his social media accounts to Karen.

yeah pretty sure he would like to work with her again. hope they get some time to do that.
When I say Stevie has finally garnered respect from the band, I don’t mean respect as a singer, songwriter, performer, or even as a person. I mean that they must suddenly respect her power. For decades Stevie was critically dismissed by both the music industry as well as her very own bandmates. No more. Fleetwood Mac was once run by Mick... then for many years it became a sort of democracy. Now, it’s a dictatorship ruled entirely by Stevie. Quite a coup for Stevie, as she rode in on Lindsey’s coattails... and has now fired him, and has the rest of the band at her complete mercy.

Regarding the band having to grovel to Lindsey to get him to return, maybe if this was 25 years ago. The interviews he’s done this past year have only impressed upon me how willing he would be to return to the band, and how much the band’s legacy means to him, and how he feels it’s important to wrap up the name Fleetwood Mac with a more dignified ending. He seems quite wistful, despite the childishly degrading way he was shown the door. And it’s not like the band has a long future before it, anyway. I think Lindsey knows it has one, maybe two additional tours left in it... and that he could put aside his creative disagreements long enough to close out the band in a respectful way.